|Officer Ross Adams, (right–center, wearing a gray polo shirt) teaches students |
from the 2012 Lynnwood Police Citizens Academy how to lift fingerprints off a vehicle.
It meets 7-10 p.m., Thursdays beginning January 10 for 12-14 weeks at the Lynnwood Police Department, 19321 44th Ave. W, Lynnwood.
There is no charge for this class and light refreshments are served each evening. Space is limited. Enroll early! Get the Citizens Academy Application online.
Questions? Call 425.670.5635.
During the course, participants will be introduced to basic police procedures for situations including: patrol tactics, criminal and narcotics investigations, DUI, use of force, communications, and domestic violence.
Highlights may include:
- Investigate a mock homicide scene
- Lift and examine fingerprints
- Work with a crime scene tech to study blood spatter patterns, DNA, and weapon marks
- Experience a jailhouse dinner and tour of the jail facility
- Ride along with a patrol officer on an actual shift
- See a SWAT demonstration and K-9 searches
- Learn practical information on the use of force and personal safety
- Learn how you can volunteer with the police department