Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Visual Arts instructor publishes photography book, "Circle of Identity"

Minh Carrico, “Celebration”, 2004, digital pigment print
Congratulations to Visual Arts instructor Minh Carrico on his new photography book, Circle of Identity!

Minh talks about the book:

Having cast aside my Vietnamese culture for survival in a Western society, I was left without a context of what it meant to be Asian. It was in my early 30s that I decided to explore the other half of my identity. The resulting images are from numerous trips to Viet Nam exploring my cultural heritage and my family ancestry. Circle of Identity is a pictorial autobiography of my Vietnamese heritage in relations to my dual existence.
Minh teaches design and photography at Edmonds Community College. His nearly 20 years of experience in the field has led to his passion for teaching the future generations of visual communicators. Outside the classroom, Minh is co-founder of IDEA Odyssey Gallery in Seattle, works on a number of fine art photography projects and mix-media installations that address personal and social identity. His visual art has been exhibited and published internationally.

The graphic design classes Minh teaches this winter are full, but there are a few seats left in Minh's Visual Imaging, VISCO 120 class offered this winter. The quarter starts Jan. 2.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for review, it was excellent and very informative.
    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete